Why Choose Us



The Eye & Ear Clinic had its "unofficial" start in 1940, when Dr. C.K. Miller joined Dr. Edgar Widby in his practice of eye, ear, nose, and throat in Wenatchee. Dr. M.G. Radewan joined them, followed by Dr. L.E. Hildebrand in 1948.

In 1953, Drs. Miller, Radewan, and Hildebrand formed what you now know as the Eye & Ear Clinic of Wenatchee, Inc., P.S. At the time they started the Eye & Ear Clinic Organization, they were the fifth "Eye Hospital" in the United States. The complex included a full clinic for eye, ear, nose, and throat problems, including allergy, two surgical suites, and a 15-bed hospital with a pediatric ward.

Drs. Miller and Radewan did the first corneal transplant in the State of Washington. One of the first intracapsular cataract extractions with lens implant was also performed at the Eye & Ear Surgical Center.

Interestingly, Drs. Miller and Radewan were among the last physicians in the United States to be trained and specialize in eyes (ophthalmology) and ears, nose, and throat (otolaryngology). Today, Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology are taught in separate Residency Programs across the country.

In 1998, the Eye & Ear Clinic sold its building and moved its practice to the lower level of the Medical Office Building on the Central Washington Hospital Campus. In addition to the clinical and surgical services provided by our physicians and staff, we also offer eyewear, contact lenses, Audiology services, hearing aids, allergy testing and shots, skin care services (BOTOX®, Restylane®, Obagi® Skin Care Products), as well as minor cosmetic surgical procedures.